Sunday, November 11, 2007

Music Video I

I do not watch music videos that often, so it was not easy for me to pick a video, but whenever I watch this video it makes me laugh. Christopher Walken is on of my favorite actors, especially after seeing him in Hairspray. I am not really sure what a dancing Christopher Walken has to do with the song Weapon of Choice and it seems somewhat odd for Walken to be in a music video, especially Fat Boy Slim’s, but it seems to work. I like this video because its different from most of the videos that are made today.
One of the main reasons that I like this video is because of Walken’s performance in Hairspray. I did not see this music video until after I saw Hairspray, but I really like both. Walken’s dancing in the movie and in the music video always makes me laugh because the steps are good and so is the choreography, but he looks so funny and awkward when he dances.
Even though I don’t usually watch music videos, if I do watch them, I want to see ones that will make me laugh or entertain me. I want to see videos that are original and entertaining, not copies of every other video that is being made. There are not very many unique and interesting music videos, I think that most are just stupid or boring, which is probably why I do not watch music videos that much, but this video is different and that is why I like it.

No comments: